• Salary: up to £20,000 – £21,000 pending experience
• Job Location: Brent
• Reporting to: Registered Manager
• Working Hours: Full Time
H+B Homecare Services are now looking to appoint a Field Care Supervisor to join our fantastic team based in Brent.
We are growing as a business and as a result now have a great opportunity for somebody who is passionate about care who wishes to progress with a genuinely caring company.
We are looking to recruit a field supervisor who will be responsible for implementing field-based quality monitoring systems and providing support to all care staff within a defined area. Our Field Supervisor will be our main link between the office and our Clients and their most important responsibilities includes ensuring that our clients are receiving the care and support they expect and deserve, ensuring that our Carers are carrying out their duties to the high standard that we expect of them, and working closely with the office-based team.
The work will also involve conducting assessments and reviewing on a regular basis how the service is delivered.
Field Supervisors with spend the spend the majority of their time out in the field with Clients Users and Carers and will also be expected to come into office in order to complete necessary administrative duties and report back to the Registered Manager and Operations Director.
• Arranging initial visits to, and the assessment of, prospective Clients to decide whether H+B Homecare Services is able to meet their personal care needs
• Conduct Risk Assessments as part of the Individual Needs Assessment and to update these as required as part of the Client’s risk management;
• Delivering personal and non-personal care to clients if necessary
• Carry out introductory visits every time a Carer visits a Client for the first time;
• To be on-call in case of emergency;
• Liaise closely with the Operations Director regarding recruitment, permanent allocation of Carers and the writing of Care Plans
• Identify any training needs of Carers and report accordingly;
• Conduct Care Reviews
• Report any changes in a Client to the Registered Manager
• Monitor, supervise and mentor all Carers in the field
• Encourage and identify opportunities for Carers’ continuing professional development.
• Monitor all Clients for customer satisfaction
• Ensure the accuracy and completeness of all documentation held in Clients homes;
• Ensure that all written reports and administration is up to date
• Liaise closely with the Registered Manager and Admin team in the office and report back regularly on activity in the field.
What we offer:
• Paid holiday
• Free induction training
• Regular paid refresher training
• Free uniform
• Mileage allowance
• Opportunity to study for Diploma in Health and Social Care
• Be experienced in providing care to a wide range of Clients
• Experienced in domiciliary or palliative homecare
• Senior Care experience • Be able to deal with potentially stressful, deadline driven situation